Official ATC Membership
Official Members of the ATC - Membership Number ATC/157
Lily & Loaf are proud to be official members of The Aromatherapy Trade Council, which is the leading UK body for monitoring and regulating the responsible, safe and ethical trade of aromatherapy based products.
The ATC represents the interests of the consumer to ensure that no misleading claims or false advertising is used in the promotion of essential oils, assuring customers that Lily & Loaf products are regulated to an extremely high standard.
Pure & Effective
Lily & Loaf Essential oils are pure, organic, highly concentrated oils which are ideal for use in aromatherapy, or simply to create an amazing atmosphere, with sensational aromas that can soothe, energise, revitalise, and inspire, to uplift mind, body and spirit. Lily & Loaf organic essential oils are potent and powerful, so it’s important to use them carefully and safely by following the advice available below.
Essential oils are highly concentrated, powerful liquids. Their potency must be respected and they can be toxic if used incorrectly. The way you handle and use essential oils is very important. Please read the following advice to help ensure that you use essential oils safely and effectively. If you are unsure please contact Lily & Loaf or a qualified aromatherapist for more advice.
How to Use Oils Safely
- If you have a medical condition and are taking any medication or undergoing any type of medical treatment you should check with your doctor and a qualified aromatherapist to ensure that it is safe to use aromatherapy in conjunction with your prescribed treatment.
- Certain essential oils should be avoided during pregnancy. Please seek professional advice prior to using aromatherapy whilst pregnant.
- Always consult a qualified aromatherapist before using essential oil with babies and children.
- Never take essential oils orally, and avoid all contact with the mouth areas and eyes.
- Essential oils should never be applied undiluted to the skin as they can cause irritation.
- Certain essential oils can cause skin irritation for people with sensitive skin. If you have sensitive skin we recommend performing a small patch test prior to using any new oil or products.
- A few essential oils such as Bergamot and other citrus oils are phototoxic which means they can cause skin sensitisation and skin discolouration in bright sunlight. These oils should not be applied to the skin before direct exposture to sunlight.
- Please exercise caution when using essential oils around household pets.